Sunday, October 26, 2014

Micro-aquarium blog 2

On 10/23/2014, i got the chance to study my micro-aquarium for a few hours. A lot has changed since the last time I've seen it. I seen a lot more organisms and movement in the micro-aqurium.  There was a lot of movement in the soil layer and leaves. At first I couldn't see anything but, Dr. McFarland helped me identify some of the organisms. We used a book called "Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa" by D.J. Patterson.

The first organism we discovered was the Epalxis sp. It was found on page 141, figure 311. This was the most common organism I seen in my micro-aquarium. They were moving around very fast. It was difficult trying to take pictures.

The Peranema sp. was very interesting. I got to take numerous pictures of this organism. Looking through the microscope, it seemed like it eating off a piece bacteria. It stayed in that particular for a few minutes. This organism was found on page 50 figures 67-69.

The other organism I found was the Anisonema sp.




McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2014. [October 28,2014]. Available fromhttp://botany1112014.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment